This is a post from Timelines of Success, timelineofsuccess.com
RAY ROCHA, after four startups and as a business consultant, still understands marketing and the challenges small businesses face but now you will find Ray leading the charge as a top notch volunteer in his community and in his politics by applying the knowledge he gained as a businessman.
BLUF: Being in leadership positions in volunteer organizations and nonprofits take a special type of leadership and commitment. It also can be very rewarding but sometimes you need to be a nice SOB to get things done.
BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT QUESTIONS:
- Are you a MAC or PC? PC, was the first computer and he has stayed with it.
- What is your favorite technology, hardware or software? Email, Facebook and the Social Media
- What is your favorite quote? You are what you think you are and you get back what you send out.
- What are your favorite books? America by Dinesh D’Souza has had a 27-year career as a writer, scholar, and intellectual. A former policy analyst in the Reagan White House, D’Souza also served as John M. Olin Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute.
- What is the best advice you have ever received? Never give up – I have learned from my mistakes and the key is not make the same ones again but to try a different approach
MOST IMPORTANT TAKEAWAY: Communications and the ability of people to talk with each other.